Friday, April 22, 2016

SLIMY MEMBER

About 2 years ago, I was in Denton, Texas. If you've never been, let me describe it to you: It was really cold, really lonely, and really quiet. It was one of those cities on tour where you get out and everyone (whoever is actually outside that is) looks at you weird because you either look punk, you're not from there, or both. Some random lady even tried to take a pic of us as we walked into a book store. I mean, really get in our face for an extreme close up photo! I don't really know where I'm going with this story, other than later that night we played a cool show in the basement of a pizza place in Denton. It was a pretty cool show and better than I expected. One of the highlights from that show was SLIMY MEMBER. A lot of people use terms like "dark punk" so I guess that's what we can use for this. It doesn't sound anything like post-punk or anything like that. It's more of a heavy dark hardcore... Whatever. The point is IT'S GOOD! I'm always super grateful to catch amazing bands when I'm on tour and this day was no exception... Even with the outside world being so cold and lonely.

You can download and check out all their stuff here

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I miss seeing Slimy Member. Until February of last year I lived in Fort Worth, TX which is about 20 miles south of Denton. In fact, I was supposed to go to that show at JJ's Pizza on the square. If memory serves, the wife and I couldn't get a babysitter so we missed y'all. You pretty much nailed Denton. It's a small college town at the northern extreme of the metroplex that only has about 20,000 permanent residents. It is the county seat so traditionally it was where all the farmers came. Despite the university, Denton has not outgrown that farming past. For those that have not seen Slimy Member go see them when you get the chance. My buddy back in TX, tells me that Slimy Member recently finished recording an LP.

    ReplyDelete